1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conan (O'Brien), what is best in life?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 12, 2010.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Plus, Conan has ownership of the show, which didn't seem to be in the cards at Fox.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Many Fox affiliates were not happy about a possible Conan show at 11p, and that could have gotten ugly. I think this is a good move for him. Of course his viewership will be smaller, but he will attract some good demographics. Nice alternative to local news and syndicated crap in that time slot. The younger audience will find him.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

So if Steve Bedrosian blows a save late or if Bob Horner hits a three-run homer in the bottom of the 9th to tie it and force extra innings, does that mean Coco will be on after the Braves Postgame Interview with Joe Torre?

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

<skipcaray>Conan O'Brien will be on right after Dale Murphy hits a 3-run home run to end the game. *Crack* Murphy takes the pitch to deep right field. Way out there aaaaaaaaaaannnnnddddddd ..... CONAN IS COMING RIGHT UP ON TBS!</skipcaray>

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Not in the ratings but his show could be more profitable.

6. exmediahack

Different audiences for Leno and Conan.

TBS has been trying to make a major comedy play for years. This is major.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, this post didn't help me understand Piotr's at all.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like the move because Conan will be able to do virtually anything he wants. While this isn't HBO, I'm still guessing that short of nudity and saying the F-word, there won't be much Conan won't be allowed to do.

I'm guessing he'll also have ownership of his show, something Letterman, but nobody else in late night has. That's where the big money comes in and is the major reason why Letterman makes about three times what Leno does.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Conan O'Brien today signed a Class AAA contract.....

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do you feel the same way about Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert?

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Did they start on network TV, have a long run there, get promoted to the prime spot in late night, then downgrade to a cable network best known for reruns and programming it no longer has (Braves and WCW wrestling)?

12. exmediahack

Oh, TBS doesn't have the Braves on anymore? :)

Does that mean no more Sanford & Son reruns at 5:35? (sniffles, if true)

Draft saved Draft deleted