1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conan O'Brien Plays for the 1864 Wabash Mashers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Comedy gold ensues at about 4:30 http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/this-ones-for-the-cranks-and-birds-232015.php

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Conan rules. This is yet another example of why he is the funniest man on late-night TV. I hope he's allowed to get away with this great stuff when he replaces Leno. Thanks for the link.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

D_B getting props for a link...this must be a first ;)

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

'Some say a waste of time, others say an incredible waste of time."

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Conan is funnier than Letterman, and maybe 20 times funnier than Leno. Eagerly looking forward to him taking over at 11:30. Craig Ferguson still has medicore days funnier than Leno dreams of.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

And a last...
    D_B is like genital herpes, sits dormant for a while, then suddenly starts 4-5 worthless topics.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

For fuck's sake.

This is at least two years old, maybe more.

Even when d_b posts something from two days ago he pulls a d_b.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Along with his turn-of-the-(20th) century boxing piece, I would say that Conan is best in period pieces... :)

9. statrat

statrat Member

This made my day.

10. tommyp

tommyp Member

I've been to Old Bethpage, both as a kid and as an adult. It's not as I remembered as a child, but the highlight of the day, other than watching the poorly played baseball, was seeing a huge pig (a boar?) with the largest testicles I've ever seen on any living thing.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Sounds like the highlight of ANY day...

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I heard Letterman's moving to CBS and being replaced by some no-name comedy writer. The guy doesn't even have any experience in front of the camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted