1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conan O'Brien Plays for the 1864 Wabash Mashers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Comedy gold ensues at about 4:30 http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/this-ones-for-the-cranks-and-birds-232015.php
  2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Conan rules. This is yet another example of why he is the funniest man on late-night TV. I hope he's allowed to get away with this great stuff when he replaces Leno. Thanks for the link.
  3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

D_B getting props for a link...this must be a first ;)
  4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

'Some say a waste of time, others say an incredible waste of time."
  5. mediaguy

mediaguy Active Member

Conan is funnier than Letterman, and maybe 20 times funnier than Leno. Eagerly looking forward to him taking over at 11:30. Craig Ferguson still has medicore days funnier than Leno dreams of.
  6. markvid

markvid Guest

And a last...
    D_B is like genital herpes, sits dormant for a while, then suddenly starts 4-5 worthless topics.
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

For fuck's sake.

This is at least two years old, maybe more.

Even when d_b posts something from two days ago he pulls a d_b.
  8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Along with his turn-of-the-(20th) century boxing piece, I would say that Conan is best in period pieces... :)

9. statrat

statrat Member

This made my day.
  10. tommyp

tommyp Member

I've been to Old Bethpage, both as a kid and as an adult. It's not as I remembered as a child, but the highlight of the day, other than watching the poorly played baseball, was seeing a huge pig (a boar?) with the largest testicles I've ever seen on any living thing.
  11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Sounds like the highlight of ANY day...
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I heard Letterman's moving to CBS and being replaced by some no-name comedy writer. The guy doesn't even have any experience in front of the camera.
Draft saved Draft deleted