1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Computerized ticketing rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smokey33, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I'm not that old, but it sure seems like event ticketing was so much better before computers. You used to go to the box office, ask for a ticket, and it was handed to you immediately.

Now they have to punch a whole bunch of buttons on a computer and wait for your ticket to print. If computerized ticketing is such a big advance, why does it add at least 50% to your waiting time in line at any sports event box office?

Why can't they print out any tickets in advance??? Shouldn't they at least have a stack of general admission tix printed and ready at your average minor league baseball park?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And what's the deal with airline food? Really.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Really? What if the ticket you wanted was in a ticket booth on the other side of the stadium?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, c'mon. Y'all KNOW this is one thing that WAS better before.

Between ticket brokers and computerized ticketing, going to a pro sporting event has become an absolute hassle.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I had my story ready - Officer Numbnuts of the Metropolitan Police Department (AKA, D.C.) has been trained in the art of taking pictures of speeders. So pay us $50 or spend a day with us in traffic court. Who cares if you were speeding just because a freaking hurricane was plowing towards the area.

Alas, it's not that kind of computerized ticketing.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

In the same theory, I hate the new ticket handling fees. I bought $19 tickets on-line for a Texas game and after ticket handling charges - even though I am printing the tickets on my home computer - they cost $24 each.
    Bullshit I say. Hicks better use my money to get someone better than Brad Wilkerson.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

That doesn't LOOK like Joey Belle.

I will walk a mile or drive 10 to avoid paying a fee for online tickets. It's the mule in me coming out.

[​IMG]

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Went to a minor league baseball game last week. The guy who had my ticket had printed it off from his home computer.
    That's something I won't get used to.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Talk to the box office staff sometime.

I can pretty much guarantee, especially if they've been doing it for quite some time, they will tell you they hate Ticketmaster as much as you do.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ticketmaster is a tool of the Antichrist.

Draft saved Draft deleted