1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Computer question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 27, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This may sound dumb, but can I play MPEG clips on a DVD player? If not, is there anything I can use to convert MPEG clips so they can play on a DVD player?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

KYSW, your DVD player will most likely not play the MPEG video clips. I would suggest you use the MPEGs and create a VCD (Video CD). While it isn't a lock that your DVD player will play VCDs, it is very likely.

3. KYSportsWriter

OK. How do I go about doing that? I know how to burn CDs and such, but this shit is beyond me...

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Check with your CD writing software to see if Video CD is an option. If not, a quick search at Downloads.com (mostly freeware software) will provide some results. Googling "how to make a VCD" would also do.

Sorry to not have the exact link with all the answers, but with that info you'll at least be looking in the right direction for creating what you need.

5. KYSportsWriter

Much appreciated.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you're looking for it on eBay, you can find Bob Dylan's 'Renaldo and Clara' on VCD.
    I've never found it on DVD, although I have not looked in a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted