1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Computer Crisis Part MMXVIIIa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 31, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Begging for router advice. Do wireless routers wear out? A thousand hours of troubleshooting make it clear I am getting internet from the outside, and the computers in the house are connecting to it, but there's no data. Does that make sense? The main computer gets internet when I bypass the router.

Thinking maybe the router is RIP. Is this something I want to mess with? Can I run to Best Buy and just get a new one? I am so unhappy. Help. Thank you.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, we're dealing with the same thing. Our router is real old. We got "upgraded" to a modern modem and the guy here to install it asked if we'd been having exactly the problems we'd been having. "They get old, just like us," he said.
    So we're in the market.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe we can get a deal on two.

I don't mind going to get new equipment, but really not excited to spend the day or week trying to get it up and running. I have extenders all over the house, will it all work together, etc. I know I should get the computer guy over here, but I need this fixed now!

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I need to get my new one before my son moves out. He handles all that (plus the toilet that needs repair)

Draft saved Draft deleted