1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Computer-buying advice, please

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Aug 13, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Some good suggestions. At least I have some ammo when I start looking next week.

I would love to get a Mac with all kinds of capabilities, but with the other stuff I have going on, all those bells and whistles would just be a waste at this point.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Given your price range -- I got mine on sale for $550 -- Acer might be a good choice.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I bought a Toshiba Satellite from Circuit City two years ago for $500. No complaints about it, and although I don't watch movies on it, it does everything else you mentioned. And I could watch movies on it if I wanted, I just don't.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It's the perfect time to go computer shopping because everything's on sale because of the start of school. Try out Best Buy if you don't want to buy all at once. I bought my laptop there a few weeks ago and got it interest free for 18 months.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I can't stress enough for people to keep an eye on websites like Fatwallet and Slickdeals.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A hint for after you buy it: Don't take it outside with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted