1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Compulsory IRA Withdrawls By Age 70 1/2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Sep 8, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Any word if John McCain is taking withdrawals/distributions from his IRA?

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

[​IMG]

Wait... wrong IRA.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Screw the sports stars. These guys are my type of heroes.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My dad, also, has zero material wants. I was over at my parents tonight because it was my dad's birthday. I always try to buy cards that really express how much I admire him for the father he was when I was growing up and the man and father and husband he's always been. Nothing but the greatest examples for me all my life.

He and mom don't seem to have to worry about money, but I don't think there's any big pot of money somewhere. They've helped my sister out a bit a few times and as a result still have a small mortgage on their condo, but with his pensions from two different jobs and another pension from 25 years in the Navy Reserve and Soc. Security, they still have money coming in other than their investments.

But if he didn't have a dime, he still considers himself the richest man in the world because of me, my three brothers, my sister, the daughters-in-law and the grandkids and great-grandkids.

He always talks about what kind of cards I find to express my love and admiration for him and I found out tonight he has been unable to throw any of them away over the years and has them in a box in their den closet.

Like you said, Joe, a real type of hero to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted