1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Composite Sketches of Literary Characters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Feb 25, 2012.

1. Images created using law enforcement composite sketch software and descriptions of literary characters.

Not sure if this is cool or creepy.

http://thecomposites.tumblr.com/

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Well right off the bat Ignatius J. Reilly is nowhere near fat enough.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why are they all vaguely reminiscent of the gray from 'Communion?'

4. I was seriously thinking all of the sketches make it look like the title character from Paul was a second cousin

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just like any excuse to post this. Carry on.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]
    "Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea."

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but the sketch artist had to have seen the movie.

[​IMG]

It would have been interesting to see how a sketch artist going strictly by the book would depict Lolita: my bet is she would look very little like Sue Lyons (IIRC Lolita in the book is supposed to be 12 and relatively plain-looking).

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

All the men sort of look like Norm MacDonald.

9. Norm Macdonald had a great sketch on SNL where he could only draw suspects wearing hoods and sunglasses. Too bad its not on YouTube

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Benjy Compson:

[​IMG]

(I'm horrible, I know.)

Draft saved Draft deleted