1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Competitve high school bass fishing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

In Ontario we have/had archery, although not officially sanctioned by the provincial schools athletic association. I also think they do 3D archery. (Shoot at pretend animals in the wild),

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Wait till you have to cover JV bass fishing.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Hunting and fishing have never been, and never will be competitive activities. They're not even sports. They are participatory activities.
    The smartest largemouth bass ever caught was by an idiot with a cane pole.

Fuck all this competitive hunting and fishing shit, and fuck square in the ass B.A.S.S., which pretty much started all this shit.

Jebus.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

My question is this: Most high school athletic associations talk about competitive advantage for private/open-boundaried schools. What about competitive advantage in bass fishing for school districts that can afford a kick-ass bass-fishing boat? Huh? Is it fair that inner-city Johnny has to fish from the shoreline while Richie Rich drinks Fiji water in the middle of the lake on his $30,000 boat?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess I wouldn't be able to cover competitive prep fishing. I can't tell a smart bass from a dumb one.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

They're all equally stupid, Ace, even though they're in schools. :D I should have probably clarified that. No bass is smarter than another, simply because they have no access to post-secondary education. That's why they pretty much suck at holding kick-ass parties.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The dumb ones are the ones that get caught.

And let me guess what the quotes will be in said fish stories:

"They just weren't biting today," said last place finisher Rod Pole.

or

"We would have won except for the big one that got away," lamented Coach Reel.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I bet vouchers would work. Or maybe No Bass Left Behind.

Get on it.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Editors Note: Reporter Richard Head was shot and killed while covering the Southern Illinois Shoot to Thrill Open yesterday. Due to this unforeseen circumstance, we are unable to print the results of this event. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our readers.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

"This was a big win," coach Bait said. "We fished well."

Edit: OR ... "We fished hard."
    Take you pick.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We thought it was our time to fish. Turns out it was time to cut bait.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is not Nam. This is bass fishing. There are rules. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted