1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Company introduces 'period policy'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just wait until a company installs a colon policy.

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

FWIW, I don't have the cyclic emotions like Lugnuts describes, but I'm on the pill (which is progesterone based). I do have knock-my-ass-on-the-floor cramps for a few fun hours during my period as well as some other parts that make for an unpredictable few days. BCPs lessen how bad cramps are and theoretically help with the other stuff too.

I don't take sick days though because the work has to get done somehow, and I ain't sick. I will work from home when it gets awful, which allows me to spend odd breaks flat on my back on the floor with a heating pad. It sucks, but them's the breaks.

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The education that I get from sj.com is invaluable and amazing. Thanks, Lugnuts and Smash.

This thread has taught me so much about women. It's been more informative than freqposter's tactics.

Donny in his element and Lugnuts like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This thread went in a totally different direction than I expected, in a good way.

Donny in his element, HC and Lugnuts like this.
  5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that my experience is atypical ... never been regular and have been anovulate since my periods began (luckily I wasn't planning on having kids anyway). I've always skipped - sometimes for months - so it's very hard to have a sense of hormonal shifts, etc. Sometimes my period would start and I would realize that THAT was why I was so emotional a few days previously. I know that the pain got much worse in my late 30s to the point where I didn't have cramps, I would just feel nauseous until it passed. It also made singing much more difficult as it was hard to sense what my abdominal muscles were doing, etc.

Now that I'm in my mid-50s it's just all kind of stopping without any of the symptoms of menopause so I don't think my experience is the norm. ;-)

Lugnuts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted