1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Companies that have screwed you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Jiffy Lube.

How hard is it to do a fucking oil change? I'd do it myself if I had the time and a proper jack.

I take my car to Jiffy Lube, tell the idiots I want 10W30 regular oil. Not synthetic. Regular. Also tell the idiots each tire needs 32 psi air. No more, no less. 32 pounds. This is not hard to remember.

Get my car back, line up to pay, and the fools have put the synthetic oil I specifically said I did not want, in my car. Can't wait for them to flush oil out and replace it with regular b/c I took the car in before I had to be at work.

Driving around to assignment and getting lost when I realize car is riding way too rough. Pull over, check tire pressure. Sure enough, the asswipes at Jiffy Lube have filled my tires to 50 psi, which is nowhere close to 32.

Next day, I call manager, curse him out, and tell him the incompetent grease monkeys he's hired are the reason I will never go to Jiffy Lube again.

Fucking hate Jiffy Lube.

So now I trust the Midas touch, and they have yet to fuck up. Neighborhood grease monkeys think it's cute that I'm a sports writer. I think it's cute that they can get my tire pressure right.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i like this one. s/he's an SportsJournalists.com up-and-comer we should watch for. i anticipate good things from sw4.

now fetch me a beer newbie. anything pyramid.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Exxon - that Valdez thing - plus huge retirement for jowly CEO who ALREADY made millions from the company.

TicketMaster - it may be difficult, but I'd rather pay a scalper extra for tickets than these bastards. I went to a show and purchased tickets AT the venue before heading into the show. The bastards still charged me extra for a "convenience fee." Shouldn't they have paid ME the convenience fee?

Draft saved Draft deleted