1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Companies that have screwed you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, Apr 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've heard they suck, shotty.

2. Yeah, Earthlink sucks and so does AOL ... cancel my fucking account you fucking bastards!!!

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Charter Cable -- they just can't do anything right. They tried to charge us too much. Their tech people can't fix problems. They miss appointments completely, or show up hours late. Now they're actually charging us less than they're supposed to, but honestly, I feel like with the way they've treated me, I'm kinda owed it.

Ameren (fucking price gouging monopolist bastards)

Auto Tire (people in and around STL know who they are) -- If my car broke down in their parking lot, I'd have it towed somewhere else

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Vonage. Fucking Vonage.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

AOL is the worst if you actually try to cancel. They made me jump through hoops all over the place and then still tried to charge me for an extra couple of months.

Discover is another one. I had a Discover card a few years back, then cancelled it. Four years after I had cancelled, these fuckers send me a bill for charges accrued within the previous six months. I tore into people until they backed down.

I also had a major metropolitan newspaper (won't say which) turn me into a collection agency. I cancelled my subscription when I moved out of town, but they kept dropping off the paper to the empty house and expected me to pay for it. Fuckers.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

None to speak of. ... At least none that are still standing.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Are you Chuck Norris?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

CableOne -- they don't offer versus on any of their tiers. Jackasses.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

fuck bank of afuckingmerica

bank of america has done a wonderful thing. they have new ATMs, some of which no longer require envelopes to deposit your check. you can just slide it right in without a deposit slip and theoretically the machine will read your check. obviously it didn't work for me the other day when i tried to deposit a check. fortunately this ATM i used was outside the bank so i went inside and used the old fashioned ATM with an envelope. but if i can no longer use the ATMs for all my banking needs - and i refuse to use tellers - then we'll get a new bank.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would never make a deposit via an ATM.

Wait. That doesn't sound right at all.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Time Warner Cable.

12. I have to agree on this one. I was trying to cancel a credit card that still had the same obscene rate it had when I got it in college AND an annual fee. I have really good credit, so it was ridiculous to even have it in my wallet. I called customer service, expecting to get some guy in India (which doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others). Instead, I get a customer service rep in the U.S. And I get his voice mail. Yeah, voice mail for a customer service rep. After waiting on hold for 15 minutes. Last year, for a day, BofA was the largest corporation in the world based on market cap. And they expect me to wait for a customer service rep to call me back? They own MBNA, so I'll probably end up as a customer again. Maybe they know that, so they just don't care.

Draft saved Draft deleted