1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commutes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Dec 20, 2007.

1. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Door to door:

1. Leave house at 1:45.
    2. Walk about a mile to train station, usually stopping for coffee/paper.
    3. 70 minute train ride.
    4. Walk into office around 3:35.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

My last job I was 0.9 miles from the office. Now I'm 40.

3. jmm1412

jmm1412 Member

Mine's about 10 minutes. Plus another 10 for the parking lot/walk from the lot to the office. And, yeah, we pay for parking too. Have to. The company leases spaces from a bunch of close/semi-close lots, and we get spaces at a discounted rate. The train would be ideal. There's a train station literally a block from home. And tt would be cheaper than paying for a space, but, alas, the train stops running before I get out of the office. So I drive.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12 minutes tops, less when the tourists are out of town over Christmas break and the summer.

5. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Somehow, I'm lucky: 25 minutes to the school, 25 minutes to the office and 25 minutes from school to the office.

I never realized that until now. But it's rather neat, I think. Of course, traffic often makes that 40+ minutes - it's about 16 miles each way.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

About 20 minutes on the highway, more if there are turistas enjoying the view.

I like having a little bit of a drive (I could walk to my last gig in 20 minutes). I can usually get through 4-5 good songs on the playlist ... 8-10 if I get into the punk selections.

Draft saved Draft deleted