1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Community

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 17, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Good call.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yeah, she sure looks pretty all modernized.
    I enjoyed it, but because of the commercials and trailers, I had seen much of the pilot without trying.
    Ken Juong (SP?) comes onboard as an instructor in later episodes and that guy's a laugh riot. He was the Asian gangster in bachelor party movie and the doctor in Knocked Up. He's been in other stuff too.
    Seems like they have a real good cast.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Liked the pilot a lot. I'll definitely be watching to see how it develops.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I thought it was a "meh" at best. But definitely better than "Parks and Recreation," which was/is aggressively bad.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't really like Parks/Rec, but I thought last night's episode was actually pretty funny.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

That's the one thing keeping me from watching that show. I cannot express how much I abhor Chevy Chase. I wish I could get paid for hating him. Then I'd be abwhoring him!

But seriously, Caddyshack, National Lampoon's Vacation, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are the only things with Chevy Chase that I like.

What's with his constant blinking? I think he needs to be investigated by Homeland (in)Security. I think he's sending morse code messages to sleeper cells via his blinks. He used to play drums for Steely Dan so that proves he hates music [I hate Steely Dan as much as I hate Chevy Chase]. Is it that far of a stretch to think that he might hate this country too?

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The fact you didn't mention Fletch makes you lose all credibility. :)

I thought the episode was good - or at least good enough to come back to it. Hell, HBO shows always take 3 epsiodes before getting good.

And Parks and Rec took a big step up, in my opinion, with its season 2 debut episode.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Actress Yvette Nicole Brown plays Shirley on the show.
    Here is how her name appeared in the opening credits of this week's episode:

[​IMG]

http://www.movieline.com/2009/09/do-communitys-credits-contain-an-inadvertent-oj-simpson-reference.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. It was certainly better than any of the episodes of last season. Characters aren't really appealing outside of Amy Poehler. I am amazed that NBC was talking of dropping Chuck, but this piece of crap show kept on trucking without any rumors of its demise.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'm just not seeing what others are seeing because this show sucks so far

11. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Yeah but the rap scene at the end was hilarious, as was Ken Jeong. "Why don't you teach math? Or photography? Or how to build a wall you can see from space? I AM A SPANISH GENIUS!"

The rest of the show blows.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't dig the pilot, but holy hell did I love the second ep.

here's the rap for anyone who didn't watch.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/97892/community-la-biblioteca

Draft saved Draft deleted