1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communications Coordinator, Chicago Fire Soccer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by imjustagirl, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, after two weeks they decided to unfreeze the position. You're hired!

Serious answer: I doubt this is unfrozen anytime soon. Why would they need a communications coordinator during the offseason? (Which probably is their line of thinking.)

2. Go State

Go State Member

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, the Director of Communcations left the franchise. The job for that position is posted, and I don't think they're going to fill out the department until they find a new director. I'm assuming once that is filled, they'll start working on filling this position.

3. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

They have now posted the VP of Communication position.

4. Go State

Go State Member

The Fire HR department sent out an email to the candidates recently saying they are freezing the position until 2010 due to budget constraints.

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

So, interns do the PR in 2009?

6. Where do we apply for the internship program?

7. Is there a chance the team is just waiting to hire a new VP of Communications before bringing in candidates for the Communication Coordinator position?

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

An MLS team needs a vice president of communications and a communications coordinator?

Draft saved Draft deleted