1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communications Coordinator, Chicago Fire Soccer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by imjustagirl, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

You can take a freight train by Toyota Park, but not a passenger train. Maybe a bus.

2. Go State

Go State Member

Reliable source who applied for the position said the Fire sent out an email to candidates to request a time next week for a 20-minute phone interview. This person wasn't sure how many people made the cut.

3. Bridgeview really isn't too bad of a drive from Chicago. You can find a decent studio in Pilsen for between $600-$700 (maybe less) and then hop on I55 to get to Toyota Park. It'll take 30 minutes on a good day, 45 on a bad one.

4. And now... a hiring freeze on the position...

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Why the freeze? Besides the shitty ecomony.

Did they give an explanation?

6. No explanation - just said that a decision was made to put a hiring freeze on all positions - when the freeze is lifted, they'll contact all the candidates again to see if they're still interested...

...also said not to respond to the email...

I'll see if I can't find out more --- or if someone else can find out more, be sure to post it!

7. And also - Forgot to mention

...they put a freeze on the internship openings. So while it might be in some part to the crappy economy, that's not the only reason for the freeze - - - If it was just the economy, I doubt they'd freeze hirings on unpaid interns... Could be wrong, though.

8. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

YOU CAN'T FREEZE FIRE! FIRE WILL NOT BE FROZEN!

9. FYI the fire are known for freezes and shitty hiring practices in general. be glad they are even trying to employ someone at that.

and regarding housing costs, prepare to live with someone you've never met or pucker up for a single place. sincerely, us east coasters avoiding $1500 for a studio in the city.

10. I disagree. I pay $595 for a nice studio in an interesting hood on the Northside of Chicago.

11. any update on this?

Draft saved Draft deleted