1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communications Coordinator, Chicago Fire Soccer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by imjustagirl, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Anyone who has ever worked in media relations understands that you are often times the punching bag for the head coach or manager ... it can take a toll and make you miserable during the season.

..also... about this job posting being pulled from teamworkonline. Just speculating, but if Gregg Elkin has taken a new position at Texas-Arlington the Fire might want to bring in a new VP of Communications before hiring a lower-level member of the communications team.

Just a thought.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ha, you're right. I can only imagine what he must have said during my one foray into radio, a soccer game my sophomore year that showed in a hurry that my future wasn't going to be behind a microphone.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Huh?

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yeah, that jumped out at me, too.

5. I assume "the Chicago area" must be a radius of 200 miles.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Fixed.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

All I know is I was paying $900 for a 1BR apt. in an average suburb of Chicago -- in 2001.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good heavens. Did that come with maid service, gold fixtures in the bathroom and a massage bed? Maybe a mistress on the side? $900 per month for a one-bedroom?!!?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i pay 900 for a one bedroom right now and the closest major city is 260 miles away.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm paying $1046 for a 1BR and I'm 20 miles from the nearest "big city" of Hartford.

11. Go State

Go State Member

The best thing to do for this job is to do a reverse commute -- live in the city, commute to the suburbs. You'll find cheaper housing in the city and can take a train. I live downtown and pay $1300 for a 2-bed, 2-bath, 2-level apartment. There are trains to take out there, or you can leave early to beat traffic, which is a hell of a lot better than paying $900 for a 1-bed, IMO.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I'm paying $1,100 for a 2BR in a major metro suburb. Decent apartments in the actual city in which I work are at least twice that.

Draft saved Draft deleted