1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

The Y2K compliance test set the standard for SportsCenter commercials.
    The broadcaster who declared out of high school was awesome too. "Jimmy Key, what's he, like, 50? I could hit him."

2. The tv show idea was mentioned before but I don't remember a link:
    http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/public/article/SB117305670677226518-GDYgRU6JmWO40cfjfFMEDLLE_DM_20070311.html?mod=blogs

As far as the green little bastard, I hope to see the Caveman eat 'em, like in this video:

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That Sonic ad -- "Charlie's my grumbling stomach...he's a good dude" -- is pretty damn funny.

As is the Coke Zero commercial, if only for the phrase "taste infringement."

4. I still laugh at the "he has an axe" Superbowl ad that's been on again a lot lately.

"He has Bud light"

"And an axe."

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I dig Big Mac's roid rage in the ESPN Y2K commercial.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The car commercial with the lab-coat geek fiddling with the gears, then realizing as an aside that he can play "Smoke on the Water" by shifting the levers a certain way. Very, verrry clever.

Since this is a thread with love, flowers and perfume, I'll refrain from saying how annoying the esurance ads are here.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's "Let it Bleed" by the Rolling Stones. If you think about it, the ladies around the fire might be a little uncomfortable when Mr. Guitar-man gets to the the "Yeah, we all need someone we can cream on/And if you want to, well you can cream on me," line.

8. As a father of two kids (daughter older than son) who constantly try to rat each other out to me & my wife, I think that is the perfect father response. Watch it every time. It's also a breath of fresh air from the "Dad/husband's an idiot" commercials.

Another favorite: The "unpimp ze auto..." ads with Peter Stormare

9. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I hope the you guys liking the geico commercials is some inside joke I'm not in on. I couldn't hate those more.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Thank you. And maybe, maybe not. Maybe those lyrics are just what that camp fire needed.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The T-Mobile with Dwyane Wade and Chuck Amok getting Miss Daisy'd around and Wade asking Chuck to be in his top 5 and Chuck saying not with that hat. So Wade takes it off and says what about now. And Chuck says it really isn't about the hat, and the look on Wade's face is funny as hell. Makes me smile every time.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted