1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The esurance.com basketball ad isn't particularly enjoyable, but that's got to be the greatest ass in the history of animated asses.

2. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

This one right here, not only is this hands down the best sportscenter commercial ever, but the very end with Charlie Steiner and the latern and the tie around his neck is without a doubt the funniest thing that has ever been shown in a commericial,

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I love the pc-mac ones, too, because John Hodgeman does such a great acting job pulling off the Bill Gates/nerd character. The Warren P. Cheswick's face is priceless when he says "speaking of peripherals."

I also liked the one from a few years back when the 2 or 3 little kids were helping the R&D with the new car (Saturn?). Those kids were great.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There's a MILF in a Buick SUV commercial I like alot.

She mentions catching the perfect wave, as the surfer dudes ogle her. She slips on her wetsuit, and her three girls pop out of the SUV. The milf then says she caught three perfect waves.

Who's the milf?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Car makers know how to pick out the milfs.

But slight threadjack: has anyone seen the Honda ad where the hot girl picks up a wolf and drops it into two dudes' canoe? What in blue hell is THAT about?

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I love the one when he's at the therapist's office. "It's my mother, I'll put her on speaker." I honestly didn't even totally pick up on that the first few times I saw it, very rare that you actually have to think about commercial to get it.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I love the song in that Amstel Light commerical when they're around a fire.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Note the cameo from Talia Shire. I believe she's most famous for working with cavemen... or make that cave man. Ehhh, uuuuuh... yo.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

There's an ad for Proline where a guy is announcing to the team that the owner wants them to out there in throw back jerseys.

Owner: Not just throw back jerseys, Jimmy. Throwback everything.

We then see the team (the Beaners) trying to play in antiquated equipment.

The ad itself got old fast but what you have to do is watch the actor playing the team owner in the first 3 seconds of the ad. Just about killed myself laughing the first time I noticed it. Pointed it out to JR and now we both watch for it.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As I've said before, about every Geico commercial is gold. A couple of recent ones have cracked me up. One is with the caveman having issues with the caveman doll in therapy, and the other is on the news show, where the woman asks an odd question and the man asks the caveman if he had a response. The caveman says, "Yeah, I have a response....WHAT?"

11. Even the ones with the Gecko?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, yes. All gold. I do miss the simpering yes-man commercials.

Draft saved Draft deleted