1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oh, by like you actually mean like ...

In that case, I agree with dd68, those Mac spots are fantastic.

2. Garner

Garner Member

The only good Sonic commercial is the one where the guy brings that weak tot action.

"Their guard play is so strong. They can basically go nine people deep and not lose anything."

"Rejected! Don't you bring that weak tot action! You go strong to your mouth or you don't go at all!"

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Comcast cable does one about internet service, with two turtles - the Slowskys, I believe - trying to slow down their internet connection. Mrs. Slowsky is yelling at Mr. Slowsky to push the computer in one direction.

Mr. Slowsky fires back.

"You push it! Push it real good!"

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Bud Lite commercial with the auctioneer at the wedding was clever, and one of the best of a weak lot at the Super Bowl.

I like one of the Honda commercials because the background vocals are "About a Boy," by Badly Drawn Boy. A pretty underrated movie, as well.

5. accguy

accguy Member

Even though I've seen them 100 times, I still laugh out loud when the miller high life truck rolls up in front of a place and somebody's going to lose their selling ability.

11 dollars for a cheeseburger? y'all must be crazy.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just saw the Bud Lite one where the two guys are playing rock, paper, scissors and he throws a rock at dude\'s head. It is pretty hilarious, especially the ending when dude gives him a low five.

7. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I just saw a commercial for Coke Zero which punks an unsuspecting lawyer, Borat-style. Funny.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I do like the NCAA one with the hockey chick who says "I became a nurse. It only seemed fair."

9. /________________ This one.
    \

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

... especially the one with the Caveman at the airport. Great music, great expression, great body language. If I hear the music, I drop what I'm doing to watch that spot. Yes, I like that commercial that much.

And the one where the woman says, "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock."

11. joe

joe Active Member

The T-Mobile your five spot when the son has the same five as the daughter.
    Son: "Your friends are hot."
    Daugher: "Are you gonna do anything about this?"
    Dad, never looking up from his plate: "Maybe you should have uglier friends."

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Ok, now this video isn't exactly a commercial, but it was shown in a car commercial(don't remember which one). Ladies and gentlemen, this is a.mazing.

Draft saved Draft deleted