1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you hate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 20, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I just had to create a thread on bad commericals because there is one in particular that I don't like and has no meaning whatsoever...

The esurance ads. Why do I want to see a chick outsmart and outduel robots while the buffed guy stands there like an ass? Those ads make no sense.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

The Midas one where the boy scares the girls with the salamander then somehow drops it in the street, screams "MIKE!" and runs out back in front of a car after it.

If it was my kid, I would have tanned his hide for almost getting killed. If I was the driver, I would have yelled at him, not smirked like the woman in the commercial did. The kid looks back at her like he didn't do anything wrong. Damn kids.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

For me, it's ANY of the ads for Sonic Drive-In Restaurants. They hire third-rate no-name stand-up comics to act in them and then bore you with mindless dialogue. Just stupid!!

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

This thread has been done to death, but to repeat: Any ad that makes white guys look like bumbling idiots while the woman/minority is the super genius will never get my money.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Simmons loves that one. :)

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Crippler is right, we've done this many times, and I will repeat my continued annoyance with the Geico cavemen commercials. I know a lot of SportsJournalists.com members enjoy them but I've just had it with the frequency of the spots. I'm tired of them and don't find them funny.

One other, but this might just be on in the NY Metropolitan area because it's about the NY lottery. It's the one where a woman sees money falling and says to her husband let's go get some and the imbecile husband says, "Wait, there's only $8 or $9 million there," whereas the wife says, "That's a lot of ..."

At that point, this idiotic looking madman is running after the falling bills hollering, "Money." At that point, I'm reaching for the remote and getting rid of it.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The Enterprise ad with the "Let's go, girls!" woman bothers the hell out of me for some reason.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Enterprise ad with the guy who's on his way to the high school reunion. ACK!!!!!

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Moose is the man!

And those Sonic commercials crack me up.

"Love me a roughie."

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

How about the AT&T Blue Room ones? It has some black guy going to the home of Pudge Rodriguez.

It's not so much the commercial itself, but the frequently it is played. Any inning break you will usually see it TWICE. It plays once, then a different commercial then that same AT&T one comes back on.

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I can handle the Sonic guys - the original ones - but I'm waiting for the "very special" Sonic commercial where the annoying husband and wife are blown to bits by a car bomb....

Draft saved Draft deleted