1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials we love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jan 17, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What problem is his problem?

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He is an alcoholic and relapsed a few years ago. Depression might also be an issue, but those things go hand in hand.

Wenders and TigerVols like this.
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Love the Virgin Voyages ad about kids being pissed they’re not allowed.

However, I gotta say this little girl scares the shit outta me. B2C869D6-26E7-45B1-AD13-7EA8A370622A.jpeg

Batman likes this.
  4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

IDK how I missed this....but the little singing mascot in the Dr Pepper ads is Justin Guarini of runner-up-to-Kelly-Clarkson-on-American-Idol fame.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hamm is also in that "middle ground" of actors that can struggle to find "appropriate" projects now. He's not famous enough to open a movie on his own, but he's also famous enough that he's probably distracting in a prominent role in a show. (i.e. Unless he's just doing a cameo-against-type, it's hard to see him as anything but Don Draper.) He could probably be the lead on another streamer or network show, but if you were already the face of Mad Men, it's probably hard to see that as anything but a demotion. It wouldn't surprise me if he just continues to show up in part-time roles on comedies until he's aged out to grandfatherly kind of roles.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LET IT RAIN, RANDY!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

The 1980s child in me has been liking the Amazon Prime Day commercial, with the nod to Billy Ocean's "Get Out of My Dreams."

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He and Kyle Chandler seem to be in the same predicament. I think Chandler is a better actor, but he’s going to be uptight law enforcement guy for the rest of his prime.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hamm should do a comedy. He's been great on SNL. I could see him as the "villain" like Dabney Coleman's role in 9 to 5, Or as a guy who seems to have it totally together, but is a real mess. Cast him as a Senator - who only goes along with the party line (doesn't matter which party) because he likes being a Senator.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Ironically, Hamm played the FBI agent in The Town in 2010. Ben Affleck was also in it.

Hermes likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I like this Taco Bell commercial because the actress is really cute. I'd like it more if they didn't show it 20 times each Dodgers game.

Also, if their team is up, why are they the only two players in the dugout? I guess if they only have nine players, there could be bases loaded and with two coaches and an on deck hitter they could be the only two left.

Rally Cap - $2 Cheesy Double Beef Burritos (Commercial) | Taco Bell - Bing video

ChrisLong likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought that was a great movie

Draft saved Draft deleted