1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comments from a journalist covering a (possible) development

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tapintoamerica, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Happens all the time, both officially and unofficially. Reporters, columnists speculating on stuff. It's like saying "I hope Obama wins the election, because it will be great for the middle class". OK, fine, one person's opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I understand that there is a faction out there that believes the more successful the big market teams are in any sport, the better the league is overall. I don't agree with that theory, but I understand some people do. I think most people are smart enough to read between the lines of what is fact, what is opinion.

As for poor Dwight, I gotta believe if he were destined for the Nets, something would have happened long before now.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would like to see someone make the case of why a premier player going to the Nets is good for the league as a whole.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Repeating....

I understand that there is a faction out there that believes the more successful the big market teams are in any sport, the better the league is overall. I don't agree with that theory, but I understand some people do. I think most people are smart enough to read between the lines of what is fact, what is opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted