1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming up SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Mar 3, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Ever have one of those moments that reminds you of specific SportsJournalists.commers? For instance, here someone talk about striking out and you think of a certain losing streak? Hear the strains of an early No Doubt hit and think of the illustrious IJAG?

Here's the place to enlighten SportsJournalists.com Nation.

I'll start:

I was in Bed Bath and Beyond this afternoon and I heard Tom Petty singing "You Wreck Me" just before I saw a popcorn popper from Orville Reddenbacher. This all happened about half an hour after hearing Gwen Stefani and No Doubt crooning "I'm Just A Girl." And Tom Petty and his Heartbreakers came up a couple more times, singing "Freefallin'" and "Refugee."

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

that's some odd stuff, though if I spent more time on here I could see something like that happening to me.

3. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

C'mon F_T ... pop in the DVD "Can't Hardly Wait" and you'll think of myself (Tripp McNeely) and all of the Jennifer Love Hewitt fans! Let's make a day of this.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've actually thought about starting this thread a few times in the past.. I think of SJ during normal life more than I care to admit. Last year while in London, I couldn't help but laugh when seeing the English store "Boots."

I've on numerous occasions used some of the interesting phrases from SJ and some have caught on while others get blank stares.

The most recent one. This past weekend my friends came over to hang out and one kid who we call J Tag put his beer in the fridge. To keep from others taking it he wrote a note on the magnetic white board we have that went something like this: "If you touch my beer, I will kill you. JTAG." The first time I looked at it I thought for sure it said IJAG.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was leaving a bar in Eastern Pennsylvania and, in big, white letters on a red sign, I saw "ATM." I thought of Zeke. Not like I need that sign to think of Zeke or anything.

And almost every time I watch an episode of Scrubs, I think about how BYH will giggle with delight when he sees it in an hour.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Was handling a media inquiry today ... the young reporter walks in wearing -- get this -- olive-coloured pants.

Hi Moddy!

7. forever_town

You couldn't have thought of Moddy. After all, you were talking about a young reporter! :p

*Runlikehell*

8. Flash

Flash Guest

You'd better duck, too.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Alls I gotta say is if anyone sees an ad for an opening at the Plain-Dealer, I better get shout out.

10. forever_town

Maybe if they ever lift that restraining order...

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Actually she would do that. :D

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think the transgenderation will take care of that plus give me a better shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted