1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming soon (we assume), SE in Asbury Park, NJ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Sep 21, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hope you are gainfully employed, Chris. Otherwise, you just sunk your chances at ever getting another job.

And IJAG, I wouldn't be surprised if another position were cut and someone were reassigned to agate duties after having done something else on the desk.

2. Chris Erwin

Chris Erwin New Member

I actually liked agate I was scholastic editor for awhile at the Home News. But the APP had a decent size agate package scoreboard, Monmouth Park page, baseball, football, NHL, NBA I liked doing it. Why wouldn't I get another job?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, most SEs are reluctant to bring in a person who would openly rip in such a way on a public forum. But other than that, no reason.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can understand that point of view Moddy, but the guy was fired so I don't see how anyone expects the guy to say anything glowingly about his old paper.

5. Chris Erwin

Chris Erwin New Member

Unless of course they worked for or know someone who worked for Gannet and realized the bitterness they leave people with. I actually loved my job and were very good at it. Anyone whoever met the Skippy aka midget Polyester coward would get it.

6. Moderator1

Was you now?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Gola, you just don't do it.

You say "no comment" before throwing anyone under the bus.

And Chris, I'd say it might be wise to know how to spell the name of your former employer's parent firm (it's Gannett, FYI).

8. Chris Erwin

Chris Erwin New Member

was not were sorry just in case potential employees looking:)

9. Moderator1

To quote the caveman: Uh, what??

10. Chris Erwin

Chris Erwin New Member

See that's why I did agate spelling not my forte:) I will say no comment or guess its Gannett and have 14 positive reviews and 4 former sports editors that would give me a reference.

11. Chris Erwin

Chris Erwin New Member

No I useed were instead of was above

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Chris, for your own sake, I suggest you quit while you're not too far behind.

Draft saved Draft deleted