1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming soon: Spider-Man The Musical

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 19, 2007.

?

What do you think?

1. Good idea

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Bad idea

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-spiderman20apr20,1,6057275.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews (via Defamer)

It looks like Spider-Man will be swinging over to Broadway — and bringing Bono with him.

Marvel Entertainment announced Thursday that the iconic web-slinger will be the subject of a major Broadway musical that will be directed by Tony winner Julie Taymor, who famously adapted "The Lion King" to stage, and feature music and lyrics by Bono and the Edge of U2.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Take out U2 and it could be a good thing.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

None of this sounds good, and I love U2 and Marvel

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Julie Taymor did the impossible and made Lion King work as high art, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

I think her movie "Across the Universe" will be amazing if her version can get released.

Better than trying to adapt yet another John Waters movie, anyway.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I hope it's great. I'm just ... scared. :)

6. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Burton and Steinman's Batman musical died before production, didn't it? I know Meat Loaf put one of the proposed songs on Bat III.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Spider-Man is having me for dinner tonight.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The new Snow Patrol video (hey, I was watching VH1 last night. That's the only time they play videos) is more or less a children's play of Spiderman. It's actually kinda cute.

Draft saved Draft deleted