1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming Soon?: "Kid Friendly Zones" On Your Next Long Flight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 26, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Duct tape . . .

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Make them hang onto the wing for dear life, like that kid in Russia.
    Except for my child, of course, who lovds to fly and knows enough to behave himself in an airplane because he knows he'll get chucked out the window if he starts screwing around.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I meant solutions that won't get child services called in, but I'll keep that one in mind. :)

4. sportschick

I was mostly just pointing out that I had no ideas to control a 4-year-old for a cross country flight. I sat next to some kids about that age (one was 4, one was 6) once who were quiet the entire flight b/c they're parents had them playing computer games, but I know that wouldn't have occupied my nephew (almost 5) for the same amount of time.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Coach Gundy would not be amused by the child-haters here.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have to suffer because some self-absorbed parent wants to insulate their kid? Fuck that.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I know...I was just playing along.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fucking breeders and their fuck trophies... ;)

9. Not to defend Katie Kelley, but earlier this summer I watched Sparta as an in-flight movie coming back from Europe, and was pleasantly surprised to find there was all sorts of nudity. But this was on one of those "back of the headrest" systems, where you had a choice of about a dozen channels, and not something blasted to the entire cabin.

10. sportschick

You could just put them in handcuffs and say you're a cop.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Children that have the potential to cry and act like a real pain should be given just enough alcohol to quiet them down for the entire flight.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Cough syrup. Lots and lots of cough syrup.

Draft saved Draft deleted