1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming soon: All-day breakfast @ McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 21, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

What he said. Some people are addicited to crack or cigarettes. I'm a sucker for a greasy cheeseburger/steak sandwich. Damn my simple tastes

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the chickin minis are god's greatest gift to the people of this planet -- they're like a blowjob from the virgin mary herself

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Can't believe no one has mentioned Adam Sandler in "Big Daddy"

Sandler, playing a stand in father, takes his charge into McDonald’s for breakfast. On finding out that breakfast is no longer being served, Sandler’s character becomes angry, upsetting the boy. In hopes of stifling the boy’s tantrum, Sandler’s character yells "CAN SOMEONE GET THIS KID A HAPPY MEAL?"

And an interesting little read about McDonalds and Sandler:
    http://www.haverford.edu/publications/spring00/hollywood6.htm

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Here's third-hand pickle lore (and a phrase I never thought I'd ever write), but a buddy worked with a guy who worked in a pickle factory one summer. Said they used to go in the catwalks over the barrels where the pickles were pickle and take leaks. Sounds a little too "Concrete Jungle" to be true to me, but it affirmed my avoidance of pickles.

5. The Basement

The Basement Member

this is actually the first thing i thought about when i heard this story!
    anyone have the ability to find that clip somewhere out there on the net?
    and that story is interesting too by the way...

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Love Chick-Fil-A, it's a long story but their employees really care.
    I had a sausage McGriddle yesterday and what makes them great is that they're not too sweet, just right to compliment the sausage.
    Personally, eggs make me gag, so any fast food breakfast item sans eggs is welcome.
    If you stuck a Chick-Fil-A breast between 2 waffles, now that'd be a breakfast sandwich I would try.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Chick-Fil-A breakfasts own McDonalds hands down. The only breakfast I'll eat there is the steak, egg and cheese bagel and the gravy and biscuits.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

UPDATE: It appears to be coming
    http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=23917

Feeling the heat from new competitors, McDonald's Corp. is overhauling its kitchens to speed up and expand its breakfast service, a move many franchisees see as a prelude to all-day breakfast.
    A McDonald's spokesman denies any connection between the program and expanded breakfast hours, insisting that the effort is solely aimed at improving operations during what has become the chain's most important mealtime.

Not only is breakfast the fastest-growing segment of the fast-food day, it's also the most profitable, because eggs and pork cost less than beef and chicken.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwichs are better than McD's and damn close to Chick-fil-A

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

At the McD's here, they have a Southern Style Chicken Biscuit. :eek: :eek: :eek:

FANFREAKINTASTIC! The SUbway around here is also doing breakfast now but when I went there at 8 a.m. after an all-night card game to try it, the person must have gotten there late and it wasn't open. I went to McD's instead, as a solid back-up plan.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Subway? Breakfast? WTF?

12. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I just asked about it at my local arches. They hadn't heard anything yet and the manager there said it just all depends on how it has been doing the test markets.
    I had an egg mcmuffin today and would love to have they available all day. No one can match them.

Draft saved Draft deleted