1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming soon: All-day breakfast @ McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://suntimes.com/output/news/cst-fin-mcd21.html (via The Obscure Store)

"And just imagine there are a number of people that I know -- friends of mine and others -- who say, 'Why can't I get breakfast any time during the day?'" [the CEO of McDonald's] said during a Bank of America investment conference in San Francisco. "Well, [24-hour breakfast] is not compatible with our current operating system. It's too complicated to deliver the high- quality product that we deliver at breakfast. But with this [new] system, that could be possible."
    McDonald's move -- which the company says is years away from implementation -- would threaten traditional breakfast-oriented restaurants such as IHOP, Denny's and Perkins, said Ron Paul, president of Technomic Inc, a Chicago-based restaurant consulting firm.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be happy if I could get lunch food in the morning... Other than the new coffee, McDonalds' breakfasts are disgusting...

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

McGriddles be good
    Sausage-Egg-Cheese biscuits are good
    Yummy yummy

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think it was Fast Food Nation that explained why McDonald's doesn't serve breakfast all day. When they first started the griddles could only be set at two temps, medium or high. Breakfast it is at medium, while lunch and dinner are at high. They can't toggle back and forth.
    I can't speak for the McGriddles, never tried them, and I don't like all the McMuffins and biscuit combos. But the breakfast platter is freaking delicious.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Love a McMuffin.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Sausage McMuffins with egg and cheese are the BEST.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Had a McGriddle (sausage, no egg/cheese) this morning...simply outstanding.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jack In The Box ... already 24-7 breakfast and IMHO better than McD's!

Hell, Sonic goes breakfast all day, though they close at 11 p.m. most places.

10. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

I used to eat McDonalds breakfast 3-4 times a week. I stopped and lost 25 pounds in two months without really doing much else differently.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I love the McGriddles girl

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted