1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming out in Grand Style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's been already said, but I had a hearty chuckle at this line.

2. boots

boots New Member

A few things may need to be explained here. The announcement didn't catch his wife off guard. The way he came out was during a general conversation in which homosexuality came up. No , he didn't initiate it. In fact, he walked in on it when the discussion was going well.
    It was a spontaneous thing that caught many people by surprise.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Boots, you need to work on your storytelling.
    You seem to leave out a lot of important details.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

No kidding.

"well...a bunch of people were talking about homosexuality and the closet door swung open, he stepped out with his friend Bruce, joined the conversation and informed everyone he was gay. He then introduced Bruce to his wife and the rest of the guests......"

5. boots

boots New Member

I really wasn't trying to get specific Buck. However when questions come up, you know ol boots will answer truthfully.

6. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Not to threadjack either, but I couldn't think of a more appropriate thread to tell this story. About a year ago, I was hanging out with a group of my friends from college who had been a year or two older than I was. We went out partying in Santa Monica and had a great friggin time. As we got back to our friend's apartment where we were staying, we raided the kitchen for more alcohol and kept on partying. Now one of the guys who was with us was our one friend that everyone pretty much knew was gay, but he hadn't yet officially come out. So fast forward a couple hours and we're all on the verge of pasing out when all of a sudden this guy stands up and says (very drunkenly), I shit you not, "Everyone, I have an announcement to make, would everyone here whose had a dick in their mouth please raise their hand (at which point he threw both of his hands in the air)." He then went around to each of us one by one to officially tell us, and he seemed almost dissapointed that none of us were surprised. Nevertheless, its certainly one of the more creative ways for one to come out.

7. boots

boots New Member

In the immortal words of Dick Enberg "Oh my!"

Draft saved Draft deleted