1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming out in Grand Style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Aug 8, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

A married co-worker had a party Saturday night. And the biggest shock was that he picked that party to say he was gay. Definitely killed a festive mood. Now, people at the gig are treating him differently. While we won't be taking showers together after a game of handball anymore, I still consider him a friend.
    I have been trying to defend his actions to a few coworkers but they just don't seem to understand that being gay is his choice. Am I wrong in defending a good friend?

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

No, of course not. But details please. You said he's married. Was this how his wife found out, or did she already know?

And I'm relieved you're talking about a co-worker and not yourself, because that would have made the "turning down a romp in the hay" thread a giant sham.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It might also help to know whether or not your friend WANTS you to defend him. If he does, by all means, defend away, just like you would someone wrongly accused, etc. And good courage shown by your friend.

4. boots

boots New Member

I believe she knew but she acted pretty cool about it, especially when his signicant other was there. As for a Romp inthe Hay, it will soon be updated.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

not to threadjack, but I was thinking about doing something similar for my last day of work. Throwing a giant party the last night of work, then announcing that I'm leaving.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

There has to be an an anal sex joke here somewhere.

My God. . . it's Boots posting this.  I can't wait until the rest of SportsJournalists.com wakes up.

This thread may be headed for 40+ pages.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

So did you give him a reacharound or is that simply for your lady friend?

8. boots

boots New Member

Everything is not a joke. This is a good guy who is being treated like shit inmy opinion because he came out at his own house party.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Has he met your neighbor?

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Awww, now you guys have something else in common. Did you recommend any lubricants?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you were defending your friend, you'd still let him loofa your back in the shower. And some would argue whether being gay is his choice or not.

Why are you even asking, though. Of course you should defend your good friend. If people bitch and say the party was inappropriate, why not ask them how they would handle telling their friends and co-workers they were gay. Put them on their heels, boots.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't really care if someone is gay or not.

But the guy had a coming-out party, for crying out loud. He knew what he was doing.

So he and Boots work with a bunch of knuckle-draggers. He should've thought of that beforehand.

Draft saved Draft deleted