1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming home

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 24, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tell me about it.. Three screaming kids at the gate for 2 1/2 hours before the flight (had to finally check out of the hotel, otherwise I'd never be there that early) and it carried over during the flight.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Ouch. Thank god for headphones.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Took me about an hour to remember I had my mp3 player... Ms. Slappy was pissed; she didnt have hers.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I never get on a plane without my iPod, for that very reason.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the other hand, the caramel apple and very berry pies from Kapnick's Orchards made it back in one piece, as did the fudge from Mackinac Island and spread cheese from Pinconning...

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Nice. Nothing like taking the tastes of home with you.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Get a room, you two.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On a lighter note, ran into a golf/beer/softball buddy of mine this weekend at the Pub.
    He gots married just after I moved here and is living in Colorado most of each month -- the same state where he was a DB at Colorado.
    So I ask who he's working for now -- in his last job, he worked as a salesman for Laimbeer Packaging.
    But, and damned if I wished Moddy was standing next to me at the time, he pointed to those ugly Crocs on his feet and said "See those? I sell them every damn shoebox they use."

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

What? No Better Made, Faygo or Vernors?

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Vernors fucking rules. And I don't even really like soda any more.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

While I had a Vernors with a coney dog at the airport, you can get that and Faygo down here... and Better Made's are a mouse click away.. I'll order a box every few months or so...

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mmmmmmm Vernor's.

What I'll always remember living in Michigan for was the old Sander's caramel cakes. We talked about them a while back...I think they stopped making them.

Draft saved Draft deleted