1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comics ain't so funny anymore- Foxtrot to go weekly?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Giggity

Giggity Member

Check this out:
    http://marmadukeexplained.blogspot.com/

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh those crazy Gasoline Alley kids!

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm just waiting for Gordon to go postal in For Better Or For Worse.

I keep hoping Wenalway will establish a strip focused on a certain witty group of newsroom staffers, but that remains only a dream.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

We've run Foxtrot for years. I told my editor about Sherman's Lagoon and we'll be running it next week.
    Very funny strip.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I guess that explains why the plot of last week's Foxtrot was comic strip writers who planned on writing once a week only.
    It's one of the ones I read these days, but I won't miss it much.

Zits, Arlo 'n Janis, FBOFW are the best of today's crop IMO, but nothing touches Bloom County, the Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes.

I do occasionally laugh at "Bleachers," which is on the sports page here.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's true about Foxtrot ... i have a hole to fill in my comics page ... I'm giving Pearls Before Swine a 31-day run in January to see what the readers think. Personally, I think the strip's pretty damned good.

Still, I'll miss the adventures of the Fox family.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon, go with Nancy -- so stupid it's good.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Why would Gordon go postal? Sure he had some family issues, but dude, just out of HS, started working at the local garage, and before you know it, he owns the garage and then starts building a mini-empire. He'll probably be the Canadian Donald Trump in about 15 years.

BTW, too bad about Michael's apartment, but at least the landlady now has the ammunition to kick those damn Kelpfroths out on their ass.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Pearls & Frazz - best of the new comics (now that Boondocks is RIP)

10. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I miss Calvin and his terrible tiger, yet still enjoy Zits and Dagwood. I catch up with the comics and the Jumble while sitting on the can in the morning.

11. Rambler

Rambler Member

Get Fuzzy is my favorite by far. Followed closely by Monty and Duplex.

I love reading the comics.

Draft saved Draft deleted