1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central's next roast: Bob Saget

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

This has the potential to be absolutely amazing. I happened to see Bob Saget do a comedy show and he is very vulgar and crude yet hilarious. I definitely hope Jeff Ross and Patton Oswalt get in on this one too, as they've been killing at roasts lately. Carrott Top is always good for a joke or two also.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Now this, folks, is how to turn a two-inch story into a six-inch story. Repetition, repetition, repetition. I think it's set to air in August, but I'm not sure who the roasters will be.

NEW YORK, July 14, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast of Bob Saget" to Tape on Sunday, August 3
    Roasters Include Susie Essman, Greg Giraldo, Artie Lange, Tracy Morgan, Jeffrey Ross And Many More To Be Announced
    "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Bob Saget" Premieres On Sunday, August 17 At 10:00 p.m. ET/PT
    Actor John Stamos is jumping into bed with COMEDY CENTRAL as Roast Master for this year's "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Bob Saget." The event tapes in Los Angeles at the Warner Brothers Studio lot on Sunday, August 3. The "COMEDY CENTRAL Roast Of Bob Saget" will air on Sunday, August 17 at 10:00 p.m.
    This year's Roasters include Susie Essman, Greg Giraldo, Artie Lange, Tracy Morgan, Jeffrey Ross, among many others to be announced.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd like to see a lineup of

Lange
    Lampanelli
    Ross
    Giraldo
    Quinn
    Norm McDonald
    Oswalt
    Kimmell
    Silverman

Unknowns can be good. I had never heard of Lampanelli until about two years ago.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wonder if there will be any jokes about Kimmel and Silverman breaking up?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25678992/

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Kimmel really was f*cking Ben Affleck!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Because Stamos is the bigger star. He was the first person cast by Jeff Franklin -- the creator of the show -- and had a say in who was hired to fill out the ensemble. Saget was actually the first and second Danny Tanner; he was cast, then had to pull out, then the pilot had to be reshot after Saget got fired from another show and hired for Full House.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wonder if he found my underwear in her mailbox. Uh-oh. ...

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I knew Mikey would be around these parts ... :D

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was like a signal. A big house in the sky.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

If anyone was going to provide such insight, it would be him...:D

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You watch the making-of and the behind-the-scenes and read the Web sites enough times, it's easy to retain the information and regurgitate it onto a screen.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The only problem I see with this is that the roasters probably won't be able to make too many jokes about Saget he hasn't already told himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted