1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central Roasts: Trump on Tuesday, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He went on a bunch of talk shows and acted like a fool (not that her point was great to begin with). If he did that with a Jeff Ross type, he'd elevate their profile and sound like an idiot

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Trump feuds with as many people as he can. It keeps him in the news, and distracts folks from the fact that he has no money and is a terrible person and businessman.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would agree with that assessment. He's the only guy who calls Forbes every year to tell them that he's worth more than what they print. All of the others claim the numbers are inflated. That speaks volumes.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

As long as Jeff Ross is there I will watch. He is, by far, the funniest roaster around.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I wish it was Gerardo.

[​IMG]

6. Mizzougrad96

Disagree. The difference between Ross and some of the other best roasters is that they've been able to parlay notoriety from the roasts into a more lucrative standup career. That was the case for Giraldo, Lampanelli and Cummings and I'm sure some others. Ross is known best for this because this is pretty much all he does.

7. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

Except Giraldo, Lampanelli and Cummings Aren't Funny Either.

8. Mizzougrad96

Giraldo was brilliant. Cummings is hilarious. Lampanelli's standup isn't my taste, but she's good on the roasts and Stern and she's done quite well lately.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Giraldo was funny, but Cummings and Lampanelli are annoying and aren't really funny except at these roasts. I remember Lampanelli's first big Comedy Central special after getting famous on the roasts and it sucked.

Female comedians just aren't my cup of tea beyond Ellen DeGeneres or Chelsea Handler (sometimes). I think the worst one ever is Kathy Griffin -- horribly annoying, not funny, makes me want to go Van Gogh on my ears.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Kathleen Madigan is my favorite comedian, and she's female.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Stephen Lynch breaks his guitar on the stage and storms off in protest. And he had a love song all ready for you!

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Craig Christ.

Draft saved Draft deleted