1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central Roasts: Trump on Tuesday, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 13, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They've been rerunning a bunch of the old ones late at night in anticpation of this.
    Now? Flava Flav, uncensored, tho I wish they could hide Brigitte Nielsen's face....

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Now that Trump is contemplating a GOP presidential run (even doing the requisite gay bashing to prove hias conservative bona fides), think he's regretting this?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like he has/had a chance...

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump is not running. He is going to stroke his ego with a bunch of content-starved networks by teasing that he will. He will say that he can win, that he can fix the economy, etc. His PR staff will leak stories about his surprisingly high poll numbers.

And then when it is shit or get off the pot time, he won't run and will blame it on the financial disclosures required.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why would Comedy Central run this on a Tuesday?

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Maybe because Election Day is on a Tuesday? :p

7. Mizzougrad96

The Roasts usually get Comedy Central's best ratings on the year and they almost always do it on a Saturday or Sunday night.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Was just reading something online the other day about "The Situation" being one of the roasters and being so bad, he was nearly booed off the stage. He had a line about having a lot in common with Snoop Dogg in that his ancestors owned property and SD's ancestors were property. Reportedly, ComCentral exec said they planned to edit his whole appearance out of broadcast.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That's kind of odd. I really doubt the Situation wrote the material or was ad libbing. Most of the non-comedians lines are written by the other comics performing.

10. Because it is that bad?

It sounds like a lot of recycled jokes.

11. Mizzougrad96

Hair joke check?
    Jokes about his hot daughter? Check.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I just watched several previews of it online.

Pretty uneventful.

From what I saw, McFarlane and Snoop had the 2 "HOLY SHIT...THEY DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT" moments of the event.

Draft saved Draft deleted