1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central announces Charlie Sheen Roast...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Oh, yeah. I know it's a roast, but Jesus. I would never have the balls to say something like that.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Might have been the only joke all night that no one laughed at.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Jesus, Jews, Muslims, Black people.

And yet the joke about some guy who would have been charged with vehicular homicide had he not killed himself and another person with flagrantly dangerous behavior is the one people cringed at?

God save us.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because the guy just died a little while ago?

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Lampanelli live-tweeted the roast. Holy sh*t...

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2011/09/lisa-lampanelli-won-last-nights-charlie-sheen-roast-on-twitter/

"I love Steve-O. He looks like Steve Buscemi with Down Syndrome."

and a line about how ugly Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife is: "I bet her snatch tastes like Alpo."

Yikes.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

So it's OK to make fun of Michael J. Fox, who contracted a disease, but not a drunken idiot who killed himself, and someone else, in a crash?

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think the reason why the Dunn joke was cringe-worthy was because it was said in front of his good friend, Steve-O, whose face fell when the punchline was uttered. If Steve-O hadn't been in attendance, nobody would have given a shit about a Ryan Dunn joke.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Greg Giraldo joke worked. The Michael J. Fox joke was one of the best of the night. Were both harsh? Hell yes, but they were funny.

The Ryan Dunn joke might have played better if it was delivered better. She didn't sell it.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Just watched this on the DVR and the line that got me the most was a subtle one from Schumer.

After making a crack about Patrice O'Neil's grandmother, she just quietly goes "Oh, I'm sorry, I assumed she raised you."

That f**king slayed me. Maybe because the other jobs I could see coming a mile away?

Props to her for the Ryan Dunn-Steve O joke though. That, too, was hysterical.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Patrice O'Neal is funny as hell.

I haven't laughed as hard at anything as I did at his special "Elephant in the Room."

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just watched Schumer's part on Youtube. The line to Tyson "Your voice sounds like a woman crying. When you talk, do you give yourself an erection?" made me laugh out loud.

Draft saved Draft deleted