1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central announces Charlie Sheen Roast...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Heck, I could sit through the Dean Martin Roasts infomercial time and time again, laughing my ass off each time. And these aired way before my time. It's the only way I know who Ruth Buzzi or Foster Brooks are.

Foster Brooks on Don Rickles:

Foster Brooks on Sammy Davis Jr.:

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Yeah, and not to sound young (and I understand by saying that I do sound young) but those roasts were on like almost 20 years before I was born. And I love how the guys being roasted are actually real nice people. For example, Rickles rips on everyone at the end but then tells each guy how much he loves him. When he got to Brooks, he only said he was a great comedian and had not one bad thing to say. It's just classy the way people used to act towards one another.

I do love in the Rickles roast, when he is getting his "payback" and he looks at Joey Bishop and says, "I told Joey I got married, and Joey replied, 'Wanna see my car?'"

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The HOFF is being roasted now...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's on now...
    Seth McFarland: Mike Tyson has defeated every opponent he's faced except the letter "S"

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Anyone else notice that Todd Zeile was listed as a co-producer in the end credits of the roast?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't see all of it. My DVR cut it off because Comedy Central never does anything on time... I didn't see Patrice or Sheen's rebuttal.

Jeselnik was not nearly as good as he was at the last one. Schumer bombed. Ross kissing Sheen's ass was annoying. Tyson was just strange.

Pretty disappointed.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I had never heard of Jeselnik. Thought he was hilarious. And Schuner, whoever she is, had the best line: "You're just like Bruce Willis. You were big in the '80s and now Ashton Kutcher is filling your old slot."

8. Mizzougrad96

Jeselnik is hilarious. I just didn't think he was as good as he was at the last roast, where he was the best of the bunch by far.

If you have a chance, pick up Jeselnik's "Shakespeare" album/CD/download... It's hilarious.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I loved Jeselnik's line about Tyson ... "What else can you say about Mike Tyson that hasn't already been the title of a Richard Pryor comedy album."

[​IMG]

10. Mizzougrad96

Schumer was a lot cuter than I remembered her being on Last Comic Standing.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Laughed at this from Jeffrey Ross:
    "Anthony Jeselnik, some people are saying you’re the next Greg Giraldo. Let’s hope so."

12. Mizzougrad96

I don't really know why, but the Ryan Dunn stuff made me really cringe.

Draft saved Draft deleted