1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central announces Charlie Sheen Roast...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 5, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

From what I have read, it will air at 10 p.m., 2 and 1/2 will air at 9 p.m.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You should have your ass kicked for even having to ask.

And isn't it pretty stupid to run this roast at the same time as Two and a Half Men? Doesn't that come on at 9 p.m., well before Comedy Central can air the uncensored version of the roast? Most people, I'm assuming, will watch or DVR the re-run that comes on around midnight or so. Who wants to watch a censored version of that? Not me.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Oh yeah there is... I don't know if there has ever been an incident where such a big star had such a public meltdown. This isn't Lindsay Lohan, a year ago, Sheen was the biggest TV star working and now he's a punchline. There will always be interest in him.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's sad.
    People get bored with an ongoing story with actual news value within 48 hours, but they'll maintain interest in a B level star because he had a run in a hit sit-com.
    It's sad.

5. It sure would be ducky if they could get Jon Cryer for this, but I'm sure that the production company would never allow that.

I betcha there will be a ton of Bruce Willis jokes, as in being replaced by Ashton Kutcher.

They could also hit Emilio with that one, too, given Demi and he were once engaged.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I can already see someone saying a joke comparing Greg Giraldo to Charlie Sheen...

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

The roast will be worthless if Lisa Lampanelli isn't there ...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/05/lisa-lampanelli-comedy-central-roast-charlie-sheen/

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And of course there's the first Bruce Willis/Ashton Kutcher joke.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a feeling Lampanelli will make herself available.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. :D

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

We've already had one item cut that appeared on the MTV preview: Steve-O's crack about the Station fire.
    β€œThe last time this many nobodies got roasted, at least the band Great White was playing.”
    The father of one of the victims made some noise about it, and yesterday Steve apologized and requested that that joke be cut from the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted