1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've seen a few of them. I need to make sure I see them all. The Chris Rock one is outstanding. They get pulled over by a cop. Priceless stuff...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Leno one is good. You see a side to him that you don't see on TV. He can tell a great story. I think his 35-year friendship with Jerry also shines through. I like him much more after the episode.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed them all. Come away from each with something. Fascinating
    window into the mind of a comedian. My favorite to date is the Mel Brooks /
    Carl Reiner one. Also like the Larry David one in that you can see the working
    relationship those guys have. They've worked so long together they know what's
    coming and start laughing before the joke even comes out. Even like the Honda
    commercials now done tongue and cheek.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"My theory of show business is, 'Do not give the public what it wants.' That’s why they’re not in show business." -- Jerry Seinfeld, 2/4/2014.

5. Songbird

Season 4 premier with Sarah Jessica Parker.

1. The whole horse face thing might be funny at times, but she's pretty much au natural here and kinda hot. Love her personality, nothing fake about it.

2. Top 5 episode. Really very funny. In another world, they'd be married. Their connection is strong.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/sarah-jessica-parker-a-little-hyper-aware

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I have a new appreciation for Sarah Jessica Parker after having seen that. She is definitely improving with age.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I appreciate SJP a lot more now that Lena Dunham has become taken over the role
    of single NYC chick.

8. Songbird

Never heard of Miranda Sings till this. Her shtick is high art, a combo of Gilbert Gottfried and Fran Drescher meets Pee Wee Herman.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/miranda-sings-happy-thanksgiving-miranda

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And a special bonus in that episode: Jerry's driving my parents' car.

10. Saw her Vines. I want to punch her.

11. sostartled

sostartled Member

The same make and model, or your parent's actual car?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My parents' actual car.

Draft saved Draft deleted