1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedian admits he lied about 9/11 escape

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 16, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Guy made an honest mistake. Leave him alone." - Tim Johnson

MagoIL likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They had tons of people at the World Financial Center, which is across the West Side Highway from the towers. Still doesn't make it close to right, especially because he was apparently in midtown and not even downtown.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh fuck. You're right, they did.

But none in either tower.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I was pretty stunned by this. Always liked him on The League and he's a great guest on podcasts, where I've heard him tell his 9/11 story a time or two. Pretty sure I heard him tell it on WTF.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what I don't get. Why would it multiply? What would possess someone who wasn't there to say they were, and then follow it up with details, and then repeat the lies, for years?

If I couldn't bring myself to come clean about it on my own, I think I'd just say I didn't want to talk about it, and then, refuse to do it.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So many more important things to worry about. Why must everyone be offended about everything?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

David Boreanaz-looking motherfucker.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah, WTF was he thinking. What a jerkoff.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Christ almighty, I must say I didn't expect a thread about Brian ... I mean Kevin ... from The League to include a Clintons rip. Yet another square marked on my Yankeefan bingo card.

Back on topic, I was familiar with Rannazzisi's 9/11 story before and it smelled like bullshit from the start.

Semi-jack, I thought The League lost a few mph off its fastball in the season premiere. They're trying too hard to turn phrases -- Chalupa Batman is "porta-potty trained" -- and it is starting to feel forced.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It's been forced for a few seasons now.

schiezainc likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Premiere was good. Andre-Meegan storyline was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted