1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedian admits he lied about 9/11 escape

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Per TMZ
    Until last week I didn't know about Pete Davidson's dad.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I didn't battle my way to the summit of Iwo Jima so assholes like this could lie about 9/11.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I saw this item this morning and it jogged my memory to start dvr'ing the new season of The League. His lying got him one extra viewer.

JackReacher likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He couldn't even be bothered to find a company that actually had offices there to lie about working for? What a lazy fuck.

schiezainc, Stoney and SnarkShark like this.
  5. Say Vadelay Industries! Say Vadelay Industries!

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's what I couldn't believe!

As I was reading the article, I was like "Merrill had offices in the WTC?"

Merrill's been in midtown for a long time. And, only a couple of big firms lost people, and they were widely reported. His first lie had to be on the spur of the moment, and then he couldn't go back

Obviously he was talking to entertainment folks, but anyone who spent a minute looking into his claims would have seen them to be obviously false.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much 9-11 "I nearly died" sympathy pussy this guy's picked up over the past 14 years.

8. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

Where did this guy even plant the seed that this would be something he could latch on to?

“Man you guys, 9-11 was three years ago today…crazy it’s been that long”
    “Steve, weren’t you in New York City the day of the crash? You weren’t near the towers or anything were you?
    Steve: [Lightbulb goes off] Actually…

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was just talking to my girlfriend... Morgan Fairchild... about this...

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This would be a good story for Brian Williams to cover when he comes back, and he is coming back, soon. Too soon.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I suspect the number of people who claim to have been in or near the WTC on 9/11 has multiplied several times over in the years since. Regardless, it's still an utterly contemptible lie. This asshole deserves every drop of the scorn and retribution he'll get for this.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted