1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come join IJAG's fantasy football league!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jul 22, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

EDIT: all-new league information now listed. i didn't realize I had to use my hotmail account on foxsports, and I never check that e-mail. So now it's on yahoo!!!

To the two of you who had already signed up, I e-mailed you. Please come join me on yahoo...

Site: http://fantasysports.yahoo.com
    League: 241994
    Password: SportsJournalists.com

Live draft Aug. 7, 2 p.m.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: More fantasy football

Can I join, even if I won't be able to draft myself, due to work? Can the computer wing it for me so that I can spend the rest of the season fixing its mistakes?

I mean, I would do anything to beat my favorite Brownie. :D

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

She may want you to beat her tho, Oz. ;) :D

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes, feel free to pre-rank.
    And get your ass kicked by me.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers > Browns. Always has been that way, always will be. Bring it. :D

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm in...just as soon as I log onto yahoo.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Polish Coronas are in.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This isn't Yahoo. It's FoxSports.com.

9. KYSportsWriter

IJAG changed it...

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Crud ... one of these years, I'm NOT going to play FFL and just enjoy watching my favorite team and some favorite players.

Then one of the guys in my department talks of FFL, and then IJAG is starting a league. Do I pull the Devastators out of mothballs? Twice? :eek:

11. KYSportsWriter

yes. :D

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Dude, go for it. I'm skipping this year. Has nothing to do with hating football or even hating fantasy, has everything to do with the overkill that I can't seem to get away from.

Since last season "ended," there have been 200 new episodes of "NFL Live," more interviews and stories on Favre-then Roethlisberger-then T.O. than I can remember, all those goddamn "classic" MNF clips, a new mock draft every day from March 1 to May 1 ...

Whatever happened to the OFFSEASON? When did it go OFF? When did it go away? It hasn't.

Thought I could take a break over the summer and be refreshed for all things NFL in the fall. Baseball's usually good like that for me, gets me away from the intensity of NFL Sundays. But I'm still sick of it, I still wish it would go away.

Oh, I'll be excited once my Cheeseheads start playing, and I can't wait to go see Favre one last time at Candlestick in December. But I can't seem to get into it, because it seems like it never went away. So fuck it, no fantasy for me. Next year again, probably, but not this year.

Sorry for the threadjack. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted