1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comcast-NBCUniversal, Macy's cut ties with the Donald

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is illegal immigration even 1/10th the problem Trump thinks it is?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to see that. I can't imagine under what circumstances he isn't worth billions -- as in some number in the plural billions. I'd bet he exaggerates his worth. That is the jackoff he is. But I can't imagine it isn't several billion at least. From the assets I know he has. There may have been a time when he might have been claiming billionaire status and he didn't have it -- but that would have been 15 or 20 years ago. I know there was a time when Trump's dad was still alive and Trump was living a flamboyant lifestyle and blowing through money and he wasn't worth that much, and he was even having money problems for a time. But from what I know about him, he has almost had two careers -- one right after his dad died, when he was trying to hit home runs with everything he got involved with and he made a lot of mistakes-- going for big and splashy instead of what made sense. And a second career, in which he surrounded himself with some smarter people who started putting together quieter, shrewder deals in which he accumulated a big portfolio of properties that has made him incredibly wealthy -- at least on paper as the high-end real estate market has gone ape.

The billionaires club has expanded quite a bit over the last decade with the asset bubble / inflation that has been created, and which Trump has to had benefited from -- it's now probably somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 people in the world who have more than a billion dollars, and I really can't imagine how Trump wouldn't be on that list. I just tried to find the story you are talking about and I am not finding it. Are you sure it was the NY Times?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Here's a more recent one, thought not as in-depth.

A History of Talking About Donald Trump’s Money -- NYMag

He has been known to say, “My brand alone is worth $5 billion," to which Forbes responded, "Yes, the Donald is a billionaire. No, he's not worth what he says he is." On the financial documentation Trump released today, his brand is valued at more than $3 billion. Bloomberg News visited Trump's offices earlier this month, where he was again extolling the virtues of his brand.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

He made a good bit of cash when he bought and then re-sold Monday Night Raw from/to Vince McMahon

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C'mon, put some thought into it...

Songbird likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Does Trump drink Tres Comas Tequila? How do the doors on his car open?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

White, single, Christian, male gun enthusiasts.

11. Smallpotatoes

There's always been illegal immigration. There always will be. It's hardly "out of control," either. They're being deported at a higher rate under this President than the previous one.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted