1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comcast-NBCUniversal, Macy's cut ties with the Donald

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 1, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm wearing one of his Macy's belts right now. Who do I need to talk to in order to reaffirm my tolerance for Mexicans?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Amy Schumer.

BDC99 and JackReacher like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're fucked.

I think you need to phase out of your relationship with the belt. No need to ditch it, but you can't buy another one.

But, you should definitely type up a statement regarding your intentions to phase out of it. I would print it up on index cards, and have them at the ready for anyone who might question your tolerance of discrimination.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Eh. I'm just going to recuse my ownership of the belt and blame my initial purchase of it on the liberal media's character assassination.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But if your Trump belt believe it's a Ralph Lauren belt, who are you to argue ?

6. YankeeFan

NBC's networks are covering developments in this story very closely:

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That MSNBC still employs Al Sharpton just shows how shallow their righteous indignation is

8. YankeeFan

LOL. Like Macy's who is going to "phase out" of their relationship with Trump, Serta will be "unwinding" their relationship with Trump.

These companies are all disgusted with the Donald, but none are disgusted enough to just pull the merchandise and eat the loss.

Serta, the largest U.S. mattress manufacturer, will end its business relationship with Donald Trump after he made disparaging comments about Mexican immigrants.

The company, which sells Trump Home-branded mattresses, won’t renew its licensing agreement with the billionaire presidential candidate when it expires at the end of the year, according to an e-mailed statement.

“Serta values diversity and does not agree with nor endorse the recent statements made by Mr. Trump,” the company said in a statement Wednesday. Serta is “in the process of unwinding our relationship.”

Serta Will Stop Selling Donald Trump Mattress Line in Latest Defection - Bloomberg Politics

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fuh reelz? WTF is Reelz?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Isn't Reelz the station that aired the Kennedys when the History Channel passed on it for allegedly being inaccurate?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At this point I ask a practical question ... with Trump officially running for president, would some of these companies and Trump been forced to part ways eventually anyway because of election laws?

Draft saved Draft deleted