1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comcast Nationals blackout

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I'm enjoying the free preview of the extra innings package. Runs through Wednesday, I think.

Though this preview isn't making me want to buy it. I'm in an area with four blacked out teams. Also, I wanted to watch Tim Lincecum pitch today but neither of the 4pm EDT games were on Extra Innings. But they were available on MLB.tv. Very odd.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bless you for this PSA. I promise not to start any forest fires this week in your honor. [/hastily checking Reds schedule}]

3. Your local Fox channel wouldn't be able to show you its commercials and promo its network news. That would make it very sad. On my cable system I can often watch another game (in spanish) on Fox Sports Espanol.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

How would that make it different from say the ESPN college football package, which showed "This Is SportsCenter" or various ESPN promos in place of the local commercials (same for ESPN Full Court/College Hoops).
    They aren't making that much money on the commercials.... I get out-of-market commercials on MLB Extra Innings all the time, and I'm not taxed for it.
    It's the matter of flipping a switch, and they are being lazy about it. Garbage.

Draft saved Draft deleted