1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comcast - may you be out of business in 2 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jan 3, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

There is justice in this world, and the name is Starman.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In about two weeks, I'll be cancelling Comcast as well. (Helllllllloooooooooo FiOS!)

I am hopeful that I will not have the same trouble that you are experiencing, Mark.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Insist on a letter of deletion from the mortgage company and have it removed. Too many times the late is removed for a short time and comes back in the next reporting period.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Cingular did something similar to my mother on an error they made on my cell phone when I was in college (she paid my cell bill when I was in college).

I hate Comcast with a fury that's impossible to put into words. When I move, I will be a satellite customer and will find some other way to get high-speed internet, if possible.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If my daughter wasn't able to read yet, I'd put that on my cable box that won't call up PPV.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I would rather they get oh-so firmly fucked with a rusty chainsaw.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'll put that on the other box.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I always enjoy the ends of these sorts of conversations, when they have to ask you, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" My stock response is, "You haven't helped me with anything yet. I don't expect you to start now." They never seem to like that.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My cable television company does an excellent job with high-speed Internet. It's just too bad my cable television company sucks at ... well ... cable television.

Which is why DirecTV will have a guy on my roof Saturday morning. :)

10. I can emphasize. Comcast loves to tell me that the next available on site appointment is at least 1 to 2 weeks from when I need it. At one point I was going without internet for months because they couldn't solve the problem (ended up being their outside wire). But I was able to get the internet taken off my bill on at least 3 occasions. I was calling literally every day though.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That didn't seem all that emphatic.

12. f-ing spell check.

I meant empathize...

Draft saved Draft deleted