1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combined running NFL Weeks 11, 12 and 13 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Re: Combined running NFL Weeks 11 and 12 thread.

Probably, but it's educational. I've been ignoring the Jets for the most part, but they get the Steelers tomorrow so I'll be watching.

All I've heard all week is how easily the Jets' defense gets pushed around up front and that the Steelers will just pound on them. So, of course, the Steelers will come out throwing like they did against the Broncos and make things harder on themselves than it should be.

Watch. That game will be closer than people think.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, it won't.

The Steelers will win 30-10, 34-13. Somewhere in that range.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

White Sox suck.

LaMarr Hoyt was a druggie.

There's never been a crappier 20-game winner than Richard Dotson.

Britt Burns' hip hurts.

Take that! :)

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I would think the easiest money in the world is a Colts/Patriots parlay. They're giving lots of points, but look who they're playing ...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That spread against the Bills scares me. They might have enough to stay within 14.

If they had Lynch, and I had some disposable income, I'd lay some money on a straight-up upset.

6. Songbird

Bills barely scored against the Dolphins.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

grrrrrrr....
    [/Bills fangirl]

Without Lynch? I'd probably give the points in that game, too. Suppose I'll still go, though, if only to heckle Patriots punter Chris Hanson about not earning his paycheck...

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

True.

And if they could have done anything on offense, they would have smoked the Cowboys.

They just strike me as the type of plodding team that can slow things down enough to lose by 14.

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I don't think flex scheduling that involves making a Sunday game a Monday night game will happen. Moving a game back a few hours is one thing. Moving it to another day seems like there would be logistical nightmares...especially when the Thanksgiving game week is involved. And I'm sure there would be a good chunk of fans that would make noise especially when they have tickets to a game they can't attend because of the date of the game changing. Of course I could be wrong. There didn't seem to be much of an issue when flex scheduling occurred in 2001.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

May not be an issue in the bigger metropolitan areas, but it certainly impacts the "regional" franchises. I can think of at least ten friends, all season-ticket holders, who won't be making the trip to Orchard Park today solely because of the time switch. Long drive back to Syracuse/Albany/points east in any event... but in the middle of the night, with work on Monday? Oy.

11. Songbird

Half a point makes all the difference in the bet, wager, picking business. For two days I've been planning on Green Bay at minus-9.5, but I could only get in at 10. You know, that half-point makes all the difference. Philly was 10 the last few days, and now the Eagles are 10.5 against the Fins. I still like the Colts at 14.5, but I can see how a shitload of Chiefs will take those 14.5 because, indeed, that half-point makes all the difference.

Anyhoo, I'm taking Cleveland/Green Bay/Phila (same trio I won with last week), and Gints/JAX-SD under/Indy.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.