1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combined editing center's head bust

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lone star scribe, Oct 9, 2011.

1. beanpole

beanpole Member

I admit the Courant has been crippled by this because Tribune doesn't seem to be doing the consolidated desk well at all. I saw one 'nation' page that included a Connecticut story. And more recently, there was a headline that referred to Hartford as a 'town'. Those are two mistakes that would have never been made by local desk, and those are the mistakes that should easily be avoided.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Here in South Florida, what Tribune has done to the Sun-Sentinel with shared resources and module-ization is simply horrifying, and will be the last straw when my current subscription expires, as hard as that will be.

In Broward County, I'm getting at least as much and maybe more Palm Beach news than Broward -- much of it from the Post.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

As long as the ads get printed and the paper gets delivered on time, it's all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted