1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combine two sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, May 15, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So if you could combine two sports, or certain aspects of two sports, to make a new one, what would they be?

This is inspired by the thread on cheerleading because someone mentioned that combining it with boxing would make a product worth watching. What other ideas are out there?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

When I was a kid, I came up with an idea for volleyball-basketball. Don't ask me how or why. Instead of passing the ball, you bump the ball. And you can only score by setting or bumping the ball into the basket.

I have no idea how I came up with this. I must have been doing shrooms or something.

The funny thing is a couple years ago, me and a couple guys I played v-ball with actually played vball-bball. It wasn't bad. Worked up a good sweat trying to set the damn ball into the basket.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

We used to play tennoccer in college. You were allowed two bounces, and you could pass to your teammate before kicking, heading the ball over the net.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

In college, we had a game we played in our dorm hallway. It combined racketball (or tennis) and soccer. Sort of.

We line up and fired the ball back and forth at each other trying to get it into the "goal" which meant basically past each other. We called it Cooper Hall Ball. Yeah, we had a lot of free time.

How about baseball and full contact karate. You don't have to tag or force someone out at a base. You can just kick the shit out of them.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Beer drinking and ping .... damn.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I always wondered what basketball would be like if there were two balls. (Stop it!)

8. boots

boots New Member

Ass and kicking = Asskicking. Great sport.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Gymnastics and basketball. You put the trampolines on the court, and the players can jump off of them to dunk. It would be a great sport that would last for decades. Wait a second. :-\

We could combine Aussie Rules Football and regular American football. Put Arena Football into the mix with the moving receiving and we got ourselves a great league. There's no way that one could fail. Hell, let's even let Vince McMahon market it. Wait a second. :-\

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In Line skating and LaCrosse

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've gone to many hockey games and a boxing match broke out.

How about Golfootball? Give golfers a chance to set up their shot, but there's a defensive lineman counting "One Mississippi, two Mississippi ..." Sergio Garcia wouldn't last too long in this sport.

12. statrat

statrat Member

Once combined basketball and baseball long before the South Park guys did. Called it baskebase. Instead of using a baseball, we tossed a basketball to the hitter underhanded. Using aluminum bats the recoil from hitting the ball was something fierce. Both my brother and I ended up with minor concussions I believe. Gotta love the carefree days of youth.

Draft saved Draft deleted